Meeting Place Organic Farm is now being farmed by the second generation of McQuails, in a sustainable, certified organic, environmentally conscious manner with respect and awe for all living things.
At Meeting Place Organic Farm we are always aspiring and working towards having a smaller environmental footprint. We've worked towards this in a number of ways:
- using draft horses whenever possible instead of a tractor
- using human power rather than machines that require gas
- reducing the amount of plastic in our packaging, which can make it less "sexy" to the consumer, but better for the planet
- doing our meat deliveries in batches so as to reduce our carbon footprint
- planting trees wherever and wherever it makes sense
- conserving water and electricity and
- using and generating renewable energies such as solar and wind.